- Web Development
- Mobile Apps
- Case Studies
- Contact Us
Terms and Conditions
Below are the standard Contractual Terms and Conditions that apply in all cases unless notified in writing to the contrary, and should be considered as an addendum to any contract for supply or service as delivered by ourselves, and read in accordance and associated with the contract offer in question.
0. Contact Details
- 0.1 The following routes / methods are the approved contact methods for reference through out these terms, one or more of these methods only should be used in order that we can acknowledge your communication;
- By Post (Not for RMA): 149a High Street, Yarm, TS15 9AY, UK
- By Phone: 01642 792429
- By Fax: 01642 783740
- By Email
- General: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sales: email@example.com
- Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounts: email@example.com
- Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hostmaster: email@example.com
- 0.2 In the event that you are unhappy with our service, or have reason to initiate a complaint, please contact us by post or phone using the contact detals above, or by email to the published Enquiries email address, where we will endeavour to resolve your concerns swiftly, and effectively.
1. Payment Terms
- 1.1 All remittances should be made by Cheque (drawn on a UK account) payable to dotUK , BACS, CHAPS, or by Standing Order (Bank details available on request)
- 1.2 All Invoices / Payments are due on receipt unless previously arranged.
- 1.3 If payment via Credit Card is required there will be a surcharge of 4.5% per transaction to reflect costs incurred by our payment provider, if this payment method is required we will require notice on order
- 1.4 In all cases where payment has not been received, in full, within 28 days of the invoice date, we reserve the right to apply an administrative charge of £50 per invoice (or that afforded to us by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, if higher), per month, and interest at the rate of 5% above the published Bank of England Base Rate (Compounded) of the outstanding balance (including charges and prior interest), per month, until such point as the balance (as accumulated) has been settled in full.
- 1.5 Where we deem it necessary to undertake legal or recovery proceedings to settle an outstanding balance, all charges, and reasonable costs incurred by ourselves will be passed on to the client in full. This is in addition to the charges and interest applied above, which will continue to accrue until settled.
- 1.6 We reserve the right, without notice, to terminate all products and/or services, at any time, should payment be outstanding, without an acknowledged reason for dispute, for more than 28 days from the original invoice date. We will not be liable for any loss, or damages (either direct or indirect) as a result of this Termination.
- 1.7 Unless explicitly stated to the contrary our charged rates are as below;Hourly
- Call Out (Working Hours) – £45.00
- Call Out (Out of Hours) – £85.00
- Per Part Hour (Working Hours) – £95.00
- Per Part Hours (Out of Hours) – £175.00
- Day Rate (Working Hours Only) – £700.00
- Day Rate (Out of Hours) – Per Hour (See Hourly)
- Overnight (> 2 Hours Travel) – £250.00 (Per Person, Per Night in addition to day rates)
(Working Hours are considered as Mon – Fri, 9am-5pm)
2. Order Acceptance
- 2.1 To accept an order the enclosed order form should be signed and returned to us by fax, post or email. If it is your policy that a purchase order must be raised by yourselves to accompany this order then it is your responsibility to ensure that a copy is received with your completed order form.
- 2.2 We reserve the right to with hold commencement of any work associated with this order until such point as any required funds are received and cleared by our bankers
- 2.3 We may, at our discretion, accept orders and instructions, by means other than those listed above (Eg Verbal, email etc), and the method of these instructions in no way reduces, or impairs our rights, in the event of dispute. If it is your policy that all orders / instructions to be acted on by 3rd parties should be made and/or confirmed in writing (or other means) then it is your responsibility to notify us of this fact, and ensure that we are able to adhere to your procedures, prior to us acting. In the event you do not notify us of these policies then we will not become liable for any loss, dispute, or delay in payment as a result of your failings.
3. Order Completion
- 3.1 To avoid doubt we define order completion as the date upon which we receive a completed customer sign off form, which will be provided to you on acceptance of the order. This form can be returned to us via fax to the number detailed above.
- 3.2 In the event that a completed customer sign off form has not been received within a reasonable time, 14 days, of our deeming the project complete, and no communication has been entered into to explain the delay, or refusal in returning of the form we will at our discretion assume that the project has been completed to your standards and any payment dues on completion will at that point become owing.
- 3.3 When the contract entered into is relates to the supply of goods, or part thereof, we deem completion as the point at which the goods are handed over to our chosen courier, or other delivery mechanism, for delivery.
- 3.4 Where goods are supplied and/or leased as part of an order all title belongs to dotUK until such point as full payment has been received and cleared. Leased goods should be returned (at your cost) on termination / completion of the contract to dotUK, subject to the agreed notice.
4. Timescales and Contract Length
- 4.1 All Timescales provided by ourselves, or our representatives (whether in this document or subsequent communications) are provided as estimates, based on our understanding of the work to be completed. We will at no times be liable for any loss or consequence in the event that our estimated timescales should prove inaccurate, whether within our control or due to external conditions or influences.
- 4.2 Unless otherwise stated all services provided by dotUK (Irrespective of billing frequency) are for a minimum contracted period of 12 months, and require a minimum of 30 days written notice beyond the initial contract term. All services are billed one billing period (eg month, year etc) in advance.
5. Indemnity and Liability.
- 5.1 You agree to indemnify and save harmless dotUK and it’s successors and assigns, from any claim, action, liability, loss, damage or suit arising from the provision, deployment, and future operation of this project.
- 5.2 In the event of any asserted claim you shall provide us immediate written notice of the same, and thereafter you shall at your own expense defend, protect, and save harmless us against any claim or any loss or liability thereunder.
- 5.3 You assume all risk connected with the work to be performed. You also accept all responsibility for the condition of tools and equipment used in the performance of this agreement. You also agree to indemnify us for any and all liability or loss arising from the performance of this agreement.
- 6.1 All Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) work is provided on ‘best endeavours’ basis, we will work fully to your requirements but cannot, and will not at any point make any guarantees of rankings, placement, or specific success.
- 6.2 All SEO marketing campaigns are on an annual basis unless agreed otherwise, under no circumstances will we enter into an organic (non Pay Per Click) campaign for less thatn 6 months.
- 6.3 All SEO endeavours are based on an equal commitment from yourself to work with us, provide us with data, response to analysis, initiate external Marketing / PR and to provide content / copy as suggested through our ongoing consultancy.
- 6.4 All Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns are subject to an agreed management fee (based on your requirements) and an additional minimum of 10% of the PPC spend, unless agreed otherwise.
- 6.5 Where you are unable to make PPC spend directly to the PPC provider (eg Google, Overture) we will require a minimum of 2 months PPC revenue on order as deposit, and reserve the right to charge interest and/or fees as required on any additional costs we encur.
7. Domain Name Registration
- 7.1 As Members of Nominet we are required to advise and pass on specific Terms and Conditions relating to the registration of UK Domain Names which you are agreeing to have read, understood, and agree to, specificially
- i) UK Domain Name (Nominet) Registration Terms and Conditions
- ii) UK Domain Name (Nominet) Dispute Resolution Policy
- 7.2 .org.uk & .co.uk domain charges. Our standard fee for .uk domain registrations are £25.00 annually.
- 7.3 We endeavour to respond to all customer service queries with regards to Domain Name Registration (via the contact methods listed above) within 2 working days
- 7.4 All abuse complaints should be directed to our support channels published above
- 8.1 All prices exclude VAT @ 20.0% unless otherwise stated.
- 8.2 Prices quoted are based on the following assumptions (where appropriate);
- * i) Text is provided in a suitable electronic format
- * ii) Images are provided in a suitable electronic format for use on the Internet
- * iii) Copyright, and other usage requirements of text and imagery provided by yourselves is that which allows for publication on the Internet
- 8.3 All copyright, Intellectual property, and legal rights of this work will belong to dotUK until such point as the final remittance is received, at which point it will be automatically transferred to the customer.
- 8.4 This document supersedes any other, or similar correspondence, provided by dotUK with regards this work.
- 8.6 These Terms are subject to change at any time, and will be posted publicly online at this location as soon as they come into effect. Your continued use of products/and or services as provided by ourselves consitutes accceptance of these changes.